Hi, I'm Josh Edelson!
I'm an internationally published freelance photojournalist and commercial photographer based in the San Francisco Bay Area, but I also take assignments abroad.
I'm a curious adventure-seeker, passionate about creating visually compelling images and absolutely love to travel. My photojournalism experience has taken me to incredible places and plays a heavy roll in my ability to make mundane scenes interesting in the corporate and event space. Throughout my career, I've developed a refined style and use professional lighting to make portrait subjects jump off the screen. For pricing info., shoot me an email, or give me a call right now.
What I do:
For my CORPORATE PR and HEADSHOTS work, I shoot high-end headshots and business lifestyle portraits for fortune 500 companies throughout the Bay Area and beyond. I also shoot PR/Ad campaign photography and corporate events (keynote speakers, general breakout sessions and cocktail networking receptions). I'm an on-location photographer which means I bring all lighting and backgrounds to your company for the project. Some of my clients include Apple, Google, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, T-Mobile, Salesforce, Verizon and hundreds of others. Usual delivery for final photos is about 3-5 business days, although faster delivery is available by request.
As far as my PHOTOJOURNALISM experience goes, I can be found covering major news stories with international appeal. Some of which include shooting California Wildfires, Drought, Protests, Presidential Elections and edgy protests. I'm contracted by various news companies like
On a personal note,I ride a motorcycle, have 3 ridiculously funny cats, and proposed to my wife while skydiving in Spain!I I'd be happy to tell you all about it during our next shoot!
Articles About My Work:
- KCRW: "From headshots to blazing infernos: Photographer Josh Edelson gets up close to CA wildfires"
- Los Angeles Times: "Praise pours in for firefighters pictured saving American flag in Oroville wildfire"
- GIZMODO: "'I Call It Fire Brain': What It's Like to Photograph the West's Biggest Wildfires"
- TIME MAGAZINE: "Behind This Surreal Image of Firefighters Saving an American Flag From a Wildfire"
- CNN: "Surrounded by flames, California firefighters rescue US flag from wildfire"
- CNN: "In a smoldering California winery, a boiling river of red wine emerges"
- CRANKY CAMERA: "Portfolio Review: Josh Edelson, Wildfire Photographer"
- AFP: Heart of Fire: (Winning Entry for Climate Change Now Award)
- AFP: After The Inferno (Dixie Fire before & afters)
- AFP: Paradise Gone (Covering the Camp fire that destroyed Paradise)
- AFP: Standard Bearers (On covering the Wall Fire)
- MUSEE MAGAZINE: "Portfolio Review of Josh Edelson and Noah Berger"
- WALL STREET JOURNAL: "The Photographers Who Walk Into California Wildfires"
- AFP: Twister chasing in Tornado Alley
- DAILY MAIL: Chasing Volcanoes in Guatemala
- 2021 CC Now First Prize
- National Press Photographers Association’s (NPPA) 2021 Best of Photojournalism, Second Place in Environment category.
- National Press Photographers Association’s (NPPA) 2019 Best of Photojournalism, Second Place in Environment category.
- National Press Photographers Association’s (NPPA) 2021 Best of Photojournalism, HM Breaking News Category
- National Press Photographers Association’s (NPPA) 2019 Best of Photojournalism, HM Pictoral category.
- 2020 News Photo Awards Winner – Overcoming Covid